Please read this manual carefully and completely before collecting your sample. Do not hesitate to contact us for any support.
ACTIVATE YOUR KIT
Important! not activated kits cannot be processed at the lab,so make sure to follow the instructions below.
- Right before collecting the sample, go to kits.abel.care
- Insert the barcode and the verification code written on the activation card that you can find in your Abelcare box.
- Follow all the steps as requested on the website.
- Place all items of the kit on a clean surface in front of you. Make sure paper towels are at reach.
- Unscrew the cap of the test tube and place the tube upright in the holder in the box.
- Wash your hands with soap and hot water then place your hands under warm water for 30 seconds. Dry your hands with a clean towel. Warm hands will make blood collection easier.
- Shake your hands to get the blood flowing then clench them for 10 seconds. Release and repeat 4 times.
- Wipe one of your 3 middle fingers of your non-dominant hand with the alcohol wipe and air dry. We recommend to try your ring finger first. Ensure your finger is dried before proceeding.
- Remove the cover of the lancet tip and place the lancet tip on your wiped finger tip.
- Press the lancet firmly against your finger till it pricks your skin.
- Wipe away the first drop of blood with a tissue then place your finger diagonally over the test tube.
- Fill the tube with your blood until it reaches the top line marked on the test tube. Support the process by standing up and holding your hand below heart level.
- A gentle squeeze and massage of your finger help the blood flow but avoid squeezing too close to the tip. If necessary, repeat the process using another finger and another lancet.
- Click the cap of the test tube back on and gently invert it 10 times without shaking the tube.
- Clean your finger with the wet wipe and apply a plaster to stop the bleeding.
PACKING AND SHIPPING YOUR SAMPLE
- Stick the barcode that you can find in your Abelcare box onto the tube, as shown in the figure.
- Place the tube in the biohazard bag that you can find in your Abelcare box. Note that the bag has two pouches. Use the one with the silver self-adhesive strip at the end. Tape the bag firmly shut.
- Take everything out of your Abelcare box and place the biohazard bag with the sample inside the empty box. Close it thoroughly.
- Among the items you will find a white retour bag. Put the box containing the sample inside the retour bag and close it.
- Go to the nearest bpost bpost (Belgium) / DHL (Netherlands) / LaPoste (France) mailbox and drop the package there. (Package is already pre-addressed and prepaid.)
Make sure you drop the package in the mailbox on the same day of collection. This date should correspond to the date inserted when you activated your kit.