Complete STD Test - Male
Please read this manual carefully and completely before collecting your sample. Do not hesitate to contact us for any support.
ACTIVATE YOUR KIT
Important! not activated kits cannot be processed at the lab, so make sure to follow the instructions below.
- Right before collecting the sample, go to kits.abel.care
- Insert the barcode and the verification code written on the activation card that you can find in your Abelcare box.
- Follow all the steps as requested on the website.
This test contains two tubes. First we guide you through Step 1: the urine test steps (yellow tube), after you will take Step 2: the blood sample (green tube).
Step 1: Urine test Wait at least one hour after your last urination before starting the collection.
- Place all items on a clean surface in front of you.
- Stick the barcode that you can find in your kit onto the yellow tube.
- Thoroughly wash your hands before starting.
- Take the paper collection box out of your Abelcare box. Apply some pressure to unfold it.
- Urinate into the cup until it is 2/3 full. Pass the first part of the urine in the cup, then finish in the toilet.
- Take the YELLOW tube and the pipete out of your Abelcare box.
- Open the tube. Do not spill the content of the tube. Using the pipete, transfer urine from the cup into the tube of liquid. You will need to pipete 2 or 3 times.
- Fill the tube until the liquid is between the marked lines on the side of the tube as shown in the figure. Do not fill above or below the marked lines or your sample will be rejected by the laboratory.
- Close the tube. Make sure you screw the cap tightly.
- Discard any remaining urine and dispose the collection cup.
Step 2: Blood sample
- Place all items of the kit on a clean surface in front of you. Make sure paper towels are at reach.
- Unscrew the GREEN cap of the test tube and place the tube upright in a glass or cup.
- Wash your hands with soap and hot water then place your hands under warm water for 30 seconds. Dry your hands with a clean towel. Warm hands will make blood collection easier.
- Shake your hands to get the blood flowing then clench them for 10 seconds. Release and repeat 4 times.
- Wipe one of your 3 middle fingers of your non-dominant hand with the alcohol wipe and air dry. We recommend to try your ring finger first. Ensure your finger is dried before proceeding.
- Remove the cover of the lancet tip and place the lancet tip on your wiped finger tip.
- Press the lancet firmly against your finger till it pricks your skin.
- Wipe away the first drop of blood with a tissue then place your finger diagonally over the test tube.
- Fill the tube with your blood until it reaches the top line marked on the test tube. Support the process by standing up and holding your hand below heart level.
- A gentle squeeze and massage of your finger help the blood flow but avoid squeezing too close to the tip. (*Make sure to fill until the top line. If you did not collect enough blood, complete the tube using another finger and another lancet.
- Click the cap of the test tube back on and gently invert the tube 10 times without shaking.
- Clean your finger with the wet wipe and apply a plaster to stop the bleeding.
PACKING AND SHIPPING YOUR SAMPLES
- Place the tubes in the biohazard bag that you can find in your Abelcare box. Note that the bag has two pouches. Use the one with the silver self-adhesive strip at the end. Tape the bag firmly shut.
- Take everything out of your Abelcare box and place only the biohazard bag with the samples inside the empty box. Close it thoroughly.
- Among the items you will find a white retour bag. Put the box containing the samples inside the retour bag and close it.
- Go to the nearest bpost (Belgium) / DHL (Netherlands) / LaPoste (France) mailbox and drop the package there. (Package is already pre-addressed and prepaid.)
- Within 2 to 3 business days you will receive an email from us (check your spam) that you can consult your results on https://kits.abel.care/results.
Make sure you drop the package in the mailbox on the same day of collection. This date should correspond to the date inserted when you activated your kit.